Before" pictures are on the left, "after" pictures are on the right.     

Your redesign can be as simple or as complex as your time and budget allow.  

This dress was the wrong design for this bride's body type and she knew that when she bought it.  She bought it with a vision of what she wanted it to be.  We added a corset back.  We made the neckline a sweetheart.  We brought up the waistline with tucks. Finally, we added a peek-a-boo lace panel in the front, and embellished it with many vintage inspired millinary blooms. 

This dress was the wrong design for this bride's body type and she knew that when she bought it.  She bought it with a vision of what she wanted it to be.  We added a corset back.  We made the neckline a sweetheart.  We brought up the waistline with tucks. Finally, we added a peek-a-boo lace panel in the front, and embellished it with many vintage inspired millinary blooms. 

Not all halters can be converted to strapless, but sometimes it works out beautifully.

jenna before after back.jpg
jenna before after front.jpg

This was a Reem Acra that we turned into a fit and flare style dress.  

This was the mother of the bride's vintage wedding gown that we redesigned.

redesign6.jpg

This vintage gown was redesigned to become a fun reception dress. 

Before and After 1.jpg

Yes!  Very often, we can turn an A-line gown into a mermaid!

Before and After 6.jpg

This dress has harsh seams at the edge of the ruffles.  We have had a couple brides have us redesign this by cutting off the edges of the ruffles with pinking shears.  It gives a much softer look. 

Before and After 4.jpg
Before and After 7.jpg
Before and After 016.jpg
Before and After 024.jpg

We removed the ruffled lace to update the look.  We also removed the center back zipper from the top of the gown and gave her a modern keyhole back.  We removed the fullness of the skirt, to make it a trumpet.  We also shortened the train, (see next pic above) and added a panel of English net and lace to add interest.   

We made many changes to this gown, including putting in a half corset.

We made many changes to this gown, including putting in a half corset.

Often, vintage gowns have only one layer of fabric.  This was the case with this vintage gown as well.  You can tell how the bodice lacked structure.  We lined the bodice, added boning to it and also reshaped the bust areas.  

Often, vintage gowns have only one layer of fabric.  This was the case with this vintage gown as well.  You can tell how the bodice lacked structure.  We lined the bodice, added boning to it and also reshaped the bust areas.  

redesign 12 - Copy.jpg

This was a huge job.  The bodice of this gown was too long for the bride's petite frame. We completely changed the way the bodice meets the skirt of the dress.  She also had us remove the bling and add a different sash.

Redesign 14 Back.jpg

We shortened this bodice as well.  That included shortening the boning.